We’ve been thinking and talking about this for ages and now we are going to do it… establish a formal Alumni Association.
First and foremost, we hope it will be fun and promote connections with each other and the Choir. It will involve organising a range of programs and events that cater to the diverse needs and interests of the alumni community.
The principles that I believe should underpin the Alumni Association are…
- Commitment from the organisation
- Open, two-way engagement/communication
- Participation (It’s our alumni and we get out of it what we put in.)
- Sustained effort, not just for the 60th anniversary year, but for years into the future
- Programs and activities to empower and engage members. (It doesn’t have to be all about music or your time in the choir. However, you may wish to reconnect with old mates, enjoy specific activities together or set up mentoring program.)
- Monitoring and feedback processes.
What do you think?
Are you keen to become involved? If so, please get in touch as we want to see this up and running in 2024 and it will need a group of dedicated people to make it happen.